PRICE, MANGALORE IAS TEST :
Current Affairs and Economics
1) Consider the following statements :
- a) The policy of Disinvestment in Central Public Service Enterprises (CPSE) began in 1991-1992
- b) Disinvestment Policy is the product of Industrial Policy statement of 1991.
- c) The current Disinvestment policy envisages people’s ownership of CPSE’s while ensuring that the Government equity does not fall below 51%
- d) The Disinvestment target for the financial year 2014-15 is 52000/-
which of the following statements are correct?
1) only (a) and (b)
2) only (a), (c), (d)
3)only (a), (b), (c)
4) all of the above
2) The Govt. of India has recently revived thee Varishta Pension Bima Yojana for the benefit of senior citizens aged 60 and above.
Which of the following statements given below is/are correct?
- a) The scheme assures guaranteed return of 9% on the lump sum contribution under the Yojana.
- b) The scheme is administered though Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC)
- c) The mode of payment of pension can only be through yearly mode.
- d) Under the scheme there is no maturity claim.
1) only (a)
2) only (a) and (b)
3) only (a), (b) and (C)
4) all are correct.
3) The Memorandum of understanding (MOU) signed recently between India and Oman was to strengthen Cooperation in which of the following areas:
- a) Information Technology b)Agriculture
4) Recently, Germany became the another nation to join the lead to lend support to the development of three Smart cities.
Which of the following statements would give us the idea of Smart Cities?
a)A Smart city is an urban region that is highly advanced in terms of overall infrastructure sustainable real-estate, communicated and market viability.
- b) It is a city where Information technology is the principal infrastructure and the basis for pending essential services to residents.
c)The main idea behind “Smart Cities “ is to make India complete urban- nation.
- d) In a smart city, economic development shall be driven completely
by the market forces.
1) only (a)
2) only (a) and (b)
3) only (a) , and (b), and (d)
4) only (a) , and (b), and (c) .
5) The recent release of the Economy Survey 2014-15 has shown India in the most optimistic scenario. Considering this , which statement is true regarding the survey.
- a) It forecasts 8.6 – 8.9% growth for 2015-16
- b) The Survey has said the number of girls to boys at birth declined from 927 per 1000 boys in 2001 to 918 girls for every 1000 boys in 2011.
- c) The survey sees no decline in Sex ratio.
- d) The Survey has a deeper concern for India’s low- innovation capacity.
1) only (a)
2) only (b)
3) only (b) and (d)
4) only (C) and (d)
6) Recent development of India’s fiscal policy includes the following recommendations. Which of the following is/ are incorrect
- a) Fiscal Deficit target to be the 3% of the G.D.P.
- b) The policy suggest to increase the rate of subsidies.
- c) The policy suggest to lower the cost of capital and to create Special Economic Zones (SEZS) for some or all manufacturing activity to boost the growth
d )Hike in Services tax
1) Only (a) and (b)
2) only (a) and (b) and (C)
3) only (a) and (c) and (d)
4) only (a) and (b) and (d)
7) It is well known fact that India had a well developed trade relation in the Ancient Maritime Silk Road. The same Silk Road was in news recently and which of the following statement was discussed in the news.
- a) The Silk Road project is an initiative by China to resurrect the Ancient Maritime Silk Road
- b) It is an attempt by China to ameliorate relations with South and Southeast Asia.
- c) The new initiative is a pet project of Chinese President XI Jinping for connecting Asia with Europe along a land corridor of Bangladesh- China – India – Myanmar.
- d) The Silk Road strategy aims to facilitate large-scale Infrastructure construction , energy sale and transport, and relocation of manufacturing industries
1) All the above
2) only (a) and (b)
3) only (a) and (c)
4) only (a) and (d)
8) Which of the following statements is correct regarding Shanghai cooperation Organisation (SCO)
- a) India has the permanent membership in the SCO.
- b) SCO is seen as a counter to the North Atlantic treaty organization (NATO)
c)China has the permanent membership in the SCO
- d) Pakistan, Afghanistan and Iran are the other members of SCO.
1) only (a)
2) only (a) and (b)
3) only (b) and (c)
4) only (b) , (c) , and (d)
9) Consider the following statements regarding “ Beti Bachao” , Beti Padao”
- a) It is an initiative by the ministry of Social justice & welfare.
- b) Under the scheme, separate hospitals shall be constructed for women
- c) The scheme has a deep concern for the decline of Sex ratio
- d) The scheme is for survival protection and education of the girl child
Which of the above statement is / are correct
1) only (a) and (b)
2) only ( c ) and (d)
3) only (c )
4) All the above.
10) If Mr.Mohanjith remits money from Dubai to Mr. Karthish’s Account in India, and in turn, if India is experiencing Inflation during the same period, then the benefit goes to
- Both Mohanjith and Karthish
- Mrs. Thejaswini a primary school Teacher in India borrows 5 Lakhs loan from bank X at the rate of 9% in March 2015 while her friend Ms. Deeksha borrows the same amount from the same bank in the same Country at the rate of 12% in April 2014. This variation is due to
- Hyper Inflation
- Mr. Krishnaraj, a lawyer practicing independently charges his clients 500/- for every consultation during the financial year 2014-15 as against to 300/- in the year 2013-14 This change in the lawyers business could be attributed to
- Neither Inflation nor Deflation
4.Personal decision of the lawyer
Indian Polity and Governence
- Consider the following statements
The Indian constitution is:
- An unwritten Constitution
- A written Constitution
- Largely based on the Government of India Act, 1935.
- A gift of British Parliament
Of these statements :
- a) 2 and 4 are correct b) 2 and 3 are correct
- c) 1 and 4 are correct d) 1 and 3 are correct
- Consider the following statements:
The salient features of Indian constitution provide for :
- Single citizenship for the whole of India
- Strictly federal form of Government .
- Unique blend of rigidity and flexibility.
Of the above statements:
- a) 1 ,2 and 3 are correct b) 1 and 2 are correct
- c) 2 and 3 are correct d) 1 and 3 are correct
- which of the following statement is correct?
The Preamble to the Indian Constitution declares the resolve of the people of India to secure to all its citizens:
a)Freedom of residence anywhere in the country.
- b) Right to establish and administer educational institutions of choice.
c)Liberty of belief, faith and worship
- d) Right to education at primary level.
- which one among the following has the power to regulate the right of citizenship in India ?
- a) The Union Cabinet b) The Parliament
- c) The Supreme Court d) The Law Commission
- In Indian Constitution, the power to issue a writ of ‘Habeas Corpus’ is vested only in :
- a) The Supreme Court b) The High Courts
- c) The Subordinate Courts d) The Supreme Court and the High Courts
- Which of the following is not included in Article 19 of the Constitution of India, pertaining to the Right to Freedom?
- a) Right to reside and settle in any part of the territory of India
- b) Right of minorities to establish and administer educational institutions
- c) Right to form associations or unions d) Right to assemble peaceably and without arms
- Though the Directive Principles of State Policy contained in the Constitution are not enforceable by any Court, yet they are:
- a) Fundamental in the governance of the country b) Binding on the state
- c) Enforceable at the instance of the President of India d) Superior to Fundamental Rights
- Which one of the following is not the objective of the Directive Principles of State Policy?
- a) To establish a welfare state b) To ensure socio – economic justice c) To establish a religious state d) To establish a secular state
- Which of the following duties have been prescribed by the Indian Constitution as Fundamental Duties?
- To defend the country 2. To pay income tax
- To preserve the rich heritage of our composite culture.
- To safeguard public property
Select the correct answer using the code given below :
- a) 1 and 2 b) 2 and 4c) 1, 2 and 4 d) 1 , 3 and 4
HISTORY AND MATHS
- Battle of Buxar
- 1st battle of Panipat
iii. Battle of Khanwa
- Battle of Plassey
What is the correct Chronological order of above battles?
- ii , I , iii , iv
- ii, iii, iv, i
- iv , iii , ii , i
- None of these
- Chose the correct answer regarding 1st Battle of Panipat?
- It was fought between Babur and SikandarLodhi
- Artillery was used for the first time in a battle in India
- Both a and b
- Neither a nor b
- Famous Mughal ruler Akbar had introduced Mansabdari system in his administration. What was mansabdari?
- Tax imposed on non-muslims
- Ranks given to army men
- Revenue collecting system
- None of these
- Which of the following are correctly matched?
- Humayun -àDinpanah
- Akbar -àFatehpurSikri
- Both are correctly matched
- Both are wrongly matched
- Who among the following Mughal ruler had involved in 2nd Battle of Panipat?
- Islam religion came to India in__________
a)1st century A.D
b)7th century A.D
c)8th century A.D
- d) None of the above
- If 17th July 2010 is Sunday,then what day will it be on 17th July 2007?
- Wednesday b.Thursday c.Tuesday d)None
8.If 1st January 2099 is Thursday, what day it will be on 1st January 2101?
a.Friday b. Saturday c.Sunday d)none
- A started a business by investing Rs 16000/- after 2 month B joins with an investment equal to 5/8 of A’s investment after 2 more months C joins with an investment of Rs 8000/- What is B’s share after 10 month if the profit earned after 10 months is Rs 6,336/- ?
- a) Rs 1760 b) Rs 1600 c)Rs 1056 d)none
- Water in a tank doubles after every minute through an inlet. In 50 minutes tank is full of water. The tank was half filled after how many minutes?
- a) 25 b)48 c)47 d)49
- One year ago ages of Ram and Shyamwere in the ratio 8:5. After 5 years this will be 3:2 .Find the present age of Ram in years.
- a) 41 b)47 c)48 d)49
- In a class every student likes at least one subject. 4/5 of total strength like Mathematics and 9/25 of total strength like Hindi. Find the percentage of students who like both of the subjects.
a)16 b)19 c)11 d)23
- If a cricket ball weighs 105gm plus half of its own weight, how much does it weight?
- a) 157.5gm b)210gm c)190gm d)180gm
- Five bells begin to toll together and toll respectively at intervals of 5,6,7,10 and 12 seconds. How many times they will toll together in half an hour excluding the one at the start?
- a) 7 b)4 c)3 d)5
- The sum of ages of Sumit and Suman is 54.Two years ago the ratio of their ages was 2:3. Find the present age of Sumit in years.
- a) 18 b)20 c)30 d)22
- Ram is elder than Laxman by 7 years. Three years ago ratio of their ages was 4:3. What is the present age of Ram in years?
- a) 31 b)24 c)7 d)4
- Find the number of tiles of dimension 20cmX30cm required to pave on the floors of rectangular hall of dimension 5mX6m.
- a) 500 b) 1000 c) 20 d) 600
Geography , General Science and Environmental Science
- plants feed upon insects for their nitrogen requirements. They are called insectivorous plants. Which of the following is such a plant?
a) bladderwort b)hornwort c)liverwort d)spiderwort
- Which Some country is called as the sugar bowl of the world?
a)Cuba b)India c)Argentina d)USA
- The smallest living cell is that of a
a)bacterium b)bread mould c)mycoplasma d)virus
- A Prokaryote is
a) a single celled organism
b) a hard and stony fruit
c) an organism lacking membrane bound nucleus in its cells
d) the most primitive multicellular organism
- Labourers who do hard manual work develop a thick skin on their palms and soles which is due to
a) thick epidermis
b)both dermis & epidermis
c)thick subcutaneous tissue
d)all of these
- Leather is a derivative of
a) dermis only
b) both dermis & epidermis
c) dermis & subcutaneous fatty tissues
d) epidermis, dermis & subcutaneous tissue
- Half cooked potatoes, if eaten with food, are not digested. This is because
a) starch in semi cooked potatoes is insoluble and fails form a complex with the concerned enzyme
b) starch granules in semi cooked potatoes are coated with cellulose which in turn is not digested
c) starch granules in semi cooked potatoes are coated with lignin which in turn is not digested
d) insufficient heat which does not convert cellulose into starch
- A particular cell organelle is called as “suicide bag”, because it contains certain enzymes that breakdown cell components r even the whole cell. Which of these is the organelle?
a) Lysosome b) Phagosome c)mesosome d)ribosome
- Purity of the most abundantly used natural resource, Coal is decided with its
a) high sulphur content
b) high carbon and phospher content
c) low sulphur content
d) low carbon and phosphor content
- The dwarf planet Eris, and Pluto is not considered as a planet by the IAU because it is crossing over the orbit of which asteroid belt?
a) Keplers belt b)Kuiper’s belt c) pluto’s belt d) neptune’satroid belt
- Petrochemical is a natural resource obtained from the decay of
a) woody trees
- Which of these rock forms in the earth’s crust have a high density?
a)granitic rocks b)Basaltic rocks c)both a & b d)neither a nor b
- In recent years earth’s barysphere is said to be solid. The major composition of the barysphere is
a)Sial b)Sima c)Nife d)either of these
- Igneous rocks can either be basic or acidic. Which of these element’s high presence decides the pH value of these rocks?
a) iron b)Oxygen c)Silicon d)Aluminium
- Which of the following rocks contain the fossil deposition?
c)both a & b
d)neither a or b
- Coral reefs are organically formed rocks. They are a form of
a) Metamorphic rocks
b) Igneous rocks
c) Sedimentary rocks
- The hardest formed rocks are igneous rocks. Which of these classifications of rocks are the hardest?
a) Plutonic rocks b) Volcanic rocks c) both a & b d) neither a nor b
Download: IAS TEST 2